It might be May – which is crazy to me in and of itself – but spring doesn’t arrive until later here in Chicago. But now that it’s consistently been 50° or warmer, I’m going to call it: spring has sprung! I’ve been looking forward to tank tops, dresses and sandals for the past six months (not an exaggeration), so I rounded up some pieces for this edition of spring favorites. Check out my spring favorites below!
- While tie dye usually reminds me of summer camp, I love it for this spring. Choosing a neutral color for the pattern, like this navy dress, keeps it from looking too childish.
Soft & Sexy Lace-Up Dress, $34.95, available at American Eagle Outfitters
- I absolute love oversize tops (this is going to be a theme in this post). My go-to outfit generally consists of sneakers, leggings and a loose t-shirt, so this oversized courier shirt is the perfect addition to my spring wardrobe. (And it helps to dress up my typical clothing choices, too).
White Cotton Courier Shirt, $65, available at Madewell
- T-shirt dresses are a godsend in spring. They’re so easy to layer (which is vital when the weather can change minute to minute). This version by BDG is also easy to dress up or down!
BDG Morisette T-Shirt Dress, $49, available at Urban Outfitters
- I got my first pair of overalls since the 90’s last fall. Mine are black, which is a great way to wear the style in the colder months, but this lighter pair from H&M is perfect for spring. Also, this particular pair is from H&M’s Denim United unisex capsule collection, which offers gender-neutral clothing.
Uni Bib Overalls, $49.99, available at H&M
- Glossy, glowing makeup has been trending for a while, but the makeup look really shines in spring (no pun intended, ha). My favorite way to get dewy skin is with a highlighter stick, like Glossier’s Haloscope. This stick comes in three shades: Quartz (for a universal highlight), Topaz (for a deeper, sun-kissed glow), and Moonstone (for an ethereal shimmer).
Haloscope Highlighter, $22, available at Glossier
- I love throwing on a denim jacket over pretty much anything. And this oversize fit lets me wear it over even the bulkiest of hoodies (I told you this was a theme). But this light wash, lightly distressed version is great to throw on over an airy tank top this spring.
Oversize Denim Jacket, $79.99, available at Mango
- I have three lobe piercings in each ear, plus a cartilage piercing, but for even more bling, I throw on some ear cuffs. I have the pictured pair from Topshop (now sold out), but you can find a similar pair here.
Engraved Ear Cuffs, $15, available at Topshop
- Athleisure is still going strong and this baseball cap combines the trend with a spring palette. Also, it’s great to throw on when you’re having a rough hair day but still want to look pulled together.
Seamless Baseball Cap, $7.90, available at Forever 21
What are your favorite trends this spring?